I had a CT chest scan with contrast on November 12th. It came back NED! No Evidence of Disease! I am so thankful and feel truly blessed.
It was a difficult three months for me after having chemo in the summer. I felt very unmotivated to do much of anything and felt so depressed. It didn't help that my hormones were so out of whack from chemo. I felt like my life was in such limbo. I still feel that way sometimes, though not as severely. It is hard not to think questions such as, when will the cancer come back? Will it come back? How do I move on from here? If I get a job, will my cancer come back? If I move to another state (something my husband has always wanted to do) will my cancer come back and I will be all alone?
I went to my cancer support group a couple of weeks ago after not having gone for quite awhile. I opened up to the group and shared my "what if" fears. I came away very encouraged by everyone there. They were answers that I already know, but that I needed to hear again. Live for the moment. No one knows when their time is. Live for NOW. Take on LIFE! It was especially encouraging listening to two of the women there who are going through life threatening illnesses and have such amazing and positive attitudes. I was also given an encouragement card from a whole different Bible study group during that same weekend. I was given gift cards with it. It was a very encouraging weekend for me and helped bring things back into perspective. That same week, I went to an exercise class for women who have undergone cancer treatment within the year. They meet 2 times/week for an hour long workout. It was a really great class and I loved it! I really like the teacher because she pushes us to what she knows we can handle and she is very personable. I also enjoy being around other women are have gone and are going through cancer.
So I am finding myself in a much better frame of mind and encouraged to live each day to the fullest again. I have been looking for more work and had an interview with a payroll company yesterday. I have been working out 2xs/week and am feeling stronger again. I turned 40 on November 24th. Two years ago I didn't think I would live to be 40! Praise God I am 40! :) I am truly thankful God has given me more time with my family and friends. I want to live each day to its fullest, and I want to use my time wisely, making a positive impact on those around me. Each day is a gift from God.
No comments:
Post a Comment