I am now portless! :) It feels really good to have that port out of me. I feel like I can get back to my life and I don't have to be reminded about my treatments everytime I look in the mirror. It was an easy procedure to get the port out. I was given a local injection (several injections actually) and then the Dr. just cut me open and pulled it out. Ewww... Dr. Williams showed the port to me after he pulled it out. It has a rather large catheter that was pulled out of my vein. Mike watched the procedure but I sure didn't!
I have been working out a lot lately and will continue to do so since I am training to ride 100 miles in July with Team LIVESTRONG. So far there are 10 of us who will be training and riding together. I set up our team page today. You can get to it by clicking on the LIVESTRONG bracelet picture that is at the top right of my page and then clicking on my name under Team Members. Mike also has his own page.
It's hard to believe it's been it's been 8 months since I found out about my cancer. So much has happened in that time. I really am fortunate to have gone through all that I have in such a short period of time. I know many people have to fight their cancer for a much longer time. I almost feel normal again. I have managed to put back on all the weight that I lost and feel relatively healthy.
I do have two friends who are going through their second bouts of cancer right now. I am concerned for them and they are heavy on my mind and heart. Please keep them in your prayers. It seems like there are more and more cases of cancer, but maybe I am just more aware of it now. Cancer is an awful disease!
I have been working out a lot lately and will continue to do so since I am training to ride 100 miles in July with Team LIVESTRONG. So far there are 10 of us who will be training and riding together. I set up our team page today. You can get to it by clicking on the LIVESTRONG bracelet picture that is at the top right of my page and then clicking on my name under Team Members. Mike also has his own page.
It's hard to believe it's been it's been 8 months since I found out about my cancer. So much has happened in that time. I really am fortunate to have gone through all that I have in such a short period of time. I know many people have to fight their cancer for a much longer time. I almost feel normal again. I have managed to put back on all the weight that I lost and feel relatively healthy.
I do have two friends who are going through their second bouts of cancer right now. I am concerned for them and they are heavy on my mind and heart. Please keep them in your prayers. It seems like there are more and more cases of cancer, but maybe I am just more aware of it now. Cancer is an awful disease!
No comments:
Post a Comment