Thursday, May 19, 2011

CT-Scan Tomorrow

Please keep me in your prayers as I am having a CT scan tomorrow. I will find out my results this coming Wednesday. I feel pretty confident about having clear results, but you just never know.

I have been doing really well these last couple of months. It's hard to believe I ever went through all that chemo and radiation! I have been working outside a lot (when the sun is shining) planting and cleaning up the yard. I love this time of year when I can get my hands in the dirt and everything starts blooming and smelling so wonderful. Mike made me a garden bed at our friend's house (we don't get enough sun here at our house for a vegetable garden). We planted tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, radishes, strawberries, and green beans. I can't wait for them all to start producing!

I have started training for my 100 mile LIVEstrong ride that will take place in Davis on July 10th. Mike and I have been meeting up with the rest of our team every Saturday morning and riding all around the Silicon Valley. So far we have gotten up to 33 miles. It has felt so good to be outdoors and riding again. I am a little nervous about actually being able to ride 100 miles. My body is just not as strong as it used to be. It's frustrates me that I don't have the strength I once did. I keep reminding myself that I DID just finish chemo barely 6 months ago!

I have to say that I am really enjoying life right now. I understand when other cancer survivors say that they feel like they are just now really living. I feel the same way. Going through all that I have has changed my perspective on so many things.

Thank you Lord for this day!


I ended up riding 75 miles in Davis on July 10th, 2011.  When I went down the survivor chute, my dad was standing in the middle of the chute, holding out a yellow rose for me.  I grabbed the rose from him, tears, falling, with a feeling of exhilaration.  My friends and family surprised me and were waiting for me at the end of the finish line.  It was a special day and one that I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman, Naomi! God will be with you on your 100 mile ride. Don't tell him I said so, but I'll bet you do better than David (Bryan to you)! Unfortunately, his job is sedentary and that doesn't help your muscles! I will be praying for you tomorrow!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi,
    I have lived with Jeremiah 29:11for sometime. God elevates His Word even above His name that's how powerful it is. Thank you for giving so selflessly when Bev faced uncertainty. Trusting God and His Word is always the way. You are God's gift to us and so many others. You are in my prayers. The garden sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete