Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Halfway There


I have finished two rounds of chemo now.  This last one hit me pretty hard.  I slept for the first three days, pretty much all day and all night.  Tomorrow will be one week since the last chemo.  My stomach didn't get hit as hard this time, thankfully.  It isn't back to normal, but it's getting there.  My face got swollen this time and I broke out again.  Dr. McMullen believes it is from the steroids.  We are going to try cutting the steroids in half next time and see if that helps.  My hair is definitely shedding.  Not a whole lot, but it is shedding.  I do have a lot of hair, so I am really hoping it won't make any difference.  It's a little disconcerting though!

I was beginning to feel quite good before I had this last chemo.  I managed to go to kickboxing once and ran twice.  It felt SO good to go back to kickboxing!  I hadn't gone since before my surgery.  Now I feel weak and tired again and haven't even managed to go for a walk yet.  I will soon though; I can feel myself getting stronger everyday.  I can't bear the thought of doing this two more times.  This is craziness.  What the heck am I doing to my poor body?

My friend Sue gave me a necklace a couple of weeks ago.  It says "LIVE" on it and has a little white diamond.  The white diamond stands for lung cancer.  I didn't realize that each kind cancer has it's own color.  I wear it everyday to remind me to "LIVE" each day to its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment