Saturday, May 26, 2012

Feeling Better

Last night I finally slept all night without waking up because of my stomach bothering me, nor did it hurt all day today.  I even ate two tacos for dinner tonight!  :)  It feels good to have my stomach back.  I think maybe it hurt more because the chemos are stronger this time.  They are stronger because I am not doing radiation also.  I am beginning to feel like myself again and gaining my energy back.  Sometimes throughout the day I feel really good, and then all of a sudden I feel SO tired, and then I have to remind myself that I DID just go through chemo!

My tastes buds are still a bit off.  Mike and I drove (yes, drove, we didn't ride our bikes - we cheated, LOL) to Davenport, and I had my favorite olallieberry croissant with a cup of coffee.  Unfortunately I could only enjoy the texture of the croissant and not the taste, nor could I enjoy the coffee.  I also have an extremely sensitive awareness to smells. I could not even handle the roses that were in my room the other night.  I could smell them all night long while I was trying to sleep.   I am beginning to express insomnia again.  I don't know why chemo causes insomnia.  I laid awake last night for what seemed forever, and then this morning when I got up I thought for sure it was later, but it wasn't even 7:00 yet!  :(  Oh well, I know this will pass, and I am just very grateful my stomach isn't bothering me.

I was blessed to have such nice weather for several days after going through chemo.  I spent a lot of time outdoors on my deck tending to my plants and flowers or just laying around in my zero gravity chair.  Mom came and spent a few days with me.  She helped me plant some flowers and organize my deck.  Everything looks so beautiful right now.  I just love it!  Being outside is therapeutic for me.  I am looking forward to the weather becoming nice again so I can get back outside and soak in the sunshine.

So, June 7th is my next chemo.  Until then, I am going to focus on eating well and getting my strength back.  I think I may even try to go to kickboxing on Monday and do what I can!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment