Friday, July 20, 2012

Last Chemo!

I am currently sitting here in the chemo room hopefully for the last time. I really dislike the smell in this place. It is nauseating. I wish they had a place to go sit outside so that I could enjoy the fresh air and warm sunshine. I met with Dr. Mc Mullen this morning. My white blood count looks good and my recent blood work all looks good. I will be given another vitamin B12 shot today. I don't need to have another hearing test unless my ears start ringing and I feel that I need the test. I will have a CT scan after I come back from Wrights Lake so that we have a baseline. Dr. McMullen really doesn't think anything will be found. I will then have another scan in three months.

I really do hope that I am cured! It is difficult for me though to believe that I am. I know I am for now, but will it come back? I think that question will always be with me. I will not dwell on it though. I will continue to live my life to its fullest. But lung cancer coming back is a reality, and I am a realist. I am a member of a lung cancer forum site and it is depressing to me that I can't really find survivors over 5 years. But then as Mike pointed out, those surviving over 5 years are too busy living their life than taking the time to be on a lung cancer website. Usually it is the people who are currently dealing with cancer that are on the forum. My situation has been so unique that I do feel that I have a good chance for a cure. My life is in God's hands and I know He will never leave my side.

I had another good week before today's chemo. I went for a run, kickboxing, and a ten mile bike ride. I felt a little more tired though. I can tell the chemo is accumulating. I also spent 4 days camping at New Melones. I got up on the wake board and had only a little muscle soreness in my right side from my surgery.

I just have to get through today and the next ten days, and then I can focus on getting my strength back and taking all of my vitamins again.

Last chemo!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment