Friday, October 3, 2014

Feeling Awesome!

Time is flying, and I am feeling really great!  I had CT scan on June 9, 2014 and everything still looks clear.  The 2 small nodes have not changed.  They could very well be scar tissue.  I will not have another CT scan until June of 2015!  I can't believe it's been 4 years now since I was first diagnosed with lung cancer.  I am truly thankful to be here today - healthy and strong.

This last Spring I started training for the Tough Mudder which I successfully completed on August 17th.  I struggled to get my body ready for it.  Everything felt so much harder for me than it used to. I did discover that I have exercise-induced asthma now.  Once I started using an inhaler, working out became easier to do.  I picked up running again and Kickboxing/Tabata.  I managed to run 7.5 miles - the furthest I have ever completed! The Tough Mudder was an 11 mile obstacle course at North Star, Lake Tahoe.  It was definitely a challenge, but it was an awesome accomplishment!  

I started volunteering for Women Care in Santa Cruz several months ago.  Women Care is an organization that helps cancer patients.  For a couple months I helped one woman with her shopping and for several months I cleaned another woman's house once a week.  She just passed away a couple of weeks ago.  It was hard to watch her get sicker and sicker and become so thin she was skin and bones.  Her spirit was strong though and she never complained.  Cancer is such a horrendous disease.

I am loving life and trying to live it to the fullest.  I thank God for each new day.



Glacier National Park - September 2014

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I am so glad you are here, four years later, beating the odds.

    ReplyDelete