I received a phone call this morning to set up a PetScan for this coming Thursday. I didn't even know I was getting one this soon! I haven't even had a CT scan yet. It seems like it always happens this way. I wait and wait, and then everything happens all of a sudden. The last doctor I talked to told me he didn't want me to have a CT scan until March and that I didn't need a PetScan. (This oncologist is retired and subbing for Dr. McMullen while she is out on maternity leave.) I did not agree with him and wanted to hear what my radiologist (Dr. Kim) had to say about it. Apparently, she is ready for a PetScan. Yeah! So I have the PetScan on Thursday and then I will have the results Friday when I see Dr. Kim at 9:15.
I have been able to put off thinking about the scans, but now that I have one scheduled I am so very nervous! Yikes! *Breathe Naomi!* Please pray that my scan is totally readable. I have heard that scarring can show up on a PetScan. I don't want there to be any confusion. I want a clear answer - one way or another. But I am praying for a completely clear scan! NO CANCER! Please God let it be so!
My son Kyle is settled in San Diego and doing well. The first week that he was gone was the hardest, but now I am doing better. Mike and I are working on making Kyle's room into an exercise room. We are covering a large area of the floor with a foam mat and will have our dumbbells, bands, etc. easily accessible. I have had a bit of a setback though with exercising. My skin sensitivity cleared up, but now the chemo is affecting my muscles. My muscles feel sore all the time. I did not go to kickboxing at all this week, bike, or run, and I still feel like I have just worked out and have sore muscles. I saw my massage therapist yesterday (bless her!) and she said my muscles are really tight. I hope this side effect doesn't last long, although I did read on the Internet about other chemo and radiation patients having muscle soreness and pain years after having chemo. It's nice to be able to google my symptoms and find that others have experienced the same things I am. Symptoms such as: a major sugar craving (chocolate! give me chocolate!), broken out skin about a month after chemo, fuzzy hair (LOL), hot flashes (at least I'm not freezing all the time anymore!), fatigue, muscle soreness, sensitive skin (only minor sensitivity is left on my chest from radiation), emotional, and a shift of focus (able to keep focus on getting through chemo and now that chemo is finished, the focus is on whether or not I'm cured). It has been barely two months since my last chemo. My body has been severely poisoned. Who knows what the repercussions of that will be. But I would rather deal with side effects from chemo than have cancer living in my body!
No comments:
Post a Comment