Well, my PETscan is done and tomorrow I will have the results. Either my cancer is gone, or it isn't. I am actually doing really well and have had a good week. God has given me a lot of peace. I have been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of praying. I am ready to hear the results, either good or bad. If I still have cancer, I will continue to fight it and live my life the best that I can. I realize that sometimes God has us go through hard times because He has a much bigger plan for us. Sometimes God's purposes are bigger than just wanting to "fix" our problems. (I learned that from Chip Ingram this week.) Healing can come in different ways, not just healing of the body. BUT, if my cancer is gone, I will celebrate and have a big party!!! :) I have been reminded this week that God is with me. He is good. He will never leave me or forsake me, and He loves me. I surrender my life to His will for me whatever that may be.
This morning I got my prayer journal out and wrote this prayer to God:
"I have a PETscan today. God, I pray for a clear scan today! I ask that You have completely healed my body of cancer. I ask for a clean scan - that there would not even be any scarring. Yes, God, I am asking you for a miracle! Because nothing is impossible with You! You raised Lazarus from the dead, You caused Peter to walk on water, You made the lame walk, You gave Sarah a child when she was barren, and You impregnated Mary with Your son, Jesus. You are God. You knit me together in my mother's womb and you amazingly and wonderfully created me and gave me life. How awesome and great You are! There is none other like You. My beating heart is Yours. My life is in Your hands. God You are good. You love me. You sustain and uphold me. Thank You that I have an eternal hope in You. I love You God! Amen."
No comments:
Post a Comment