Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Thank you!




Merry Christmas everyone! Right now I am at South Lake Tahoe, laying in my bed with my laptop, drinking coffee, and eating a yummy waffle that my wonderful husband made me. I have a majestic view out my sliding glass door of Nevada's Carson Valley. The Ridge Sierra (where we are staying) is at an elevation of 7,400 feet and the valley is 2,000 feet below. We wake up every morning to a glorious sunrise and at night we can see the moon shining over the valley along with all the lights from the towns far below.

We arrived in Tahoe on Christmas Eve and woke up Christmas day to a blue sky and snow flocked trees. This was the most relaxing Christmas that I have had in a long time. The kids opened their presents and we had waffles for breakfast with our new waffle maker. Then Mike and Kyle took off and hit the slopes while Elizabeth I spent the day together. She and I walked up the road to our friend's timeshare and played a game with them, and then we walked back and worked a puzzle while listening to Christmas music. We had Christmas dinner with our friends whose timeshare sits at the top of a hill on the sixth floor. It was quite an interesting dinner because a storm front was blowing through and the wind was so strong it was shaking and rattling the windows and sliding glass door. It was entertaining and nerve wracking at the same time. We got a couple of inches of snow out of that storm.

It feels so good to be up here and away from the doctor's offices. I can almost forget about cancer and chemo while I am here. I had a checkup with the doctor a few days ago. My white count is up and my red is still down. I have been feeling better. I still fatigue easily and have constant hot flashes. I have a feeling it's going to be a long while before my body gets back to the state it was in before I began chemo. It sounds like I am not going to have any tests done for awhile (February maybe). It takes awhile for everything to settle back down in the body. I wish I could know now!

Mike and I did not exchange gifts this year (OK, I broke the rules and gave him one small gift) because money is so tight right now due to all of the medical bills I have been getting. My good friend Susan came up to Tahoe last night to spend a few days here, and she gave me the best Christmas present ever! She handed me an envelope that had a Christmas card inside with many names written on it - many names I don't even know. Susan told me that everyone of those people have very generously contributed money towards my medical bills. Right now there is just over $1,000 in cash that has been contributed! The bills that I have at home right now, waiting to be paid, are right around $1,000 (and more bills coming). I am so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. I don't even know what to say. It's like a weight has been lifted off of me knowing I will not have to come up with the money to pay those bills. Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I appreciate it so much! God is so good! He faithfully continues to provide for my needs. I have seen Him provide for my family and me so many times throughout the years. He has used many generous and loving people to bless us. We saw this many times when Mike was laid off for three years several years ago. I will never forget the blessings we received - food, money, Christmas presents, and even school tuition for my kids. I still do not know to this day who paid my kids tuition for several months so that Kyle and Elizabeth did not have to leave Baymonte. And now I am seeing it again. Thank you again to everyone who has helped to support me - through words of encouragement, prayer, gifts, cards, emails, a skylight for my room, money, and keeping me company at chemo and doctor appointments. May God bless each and everyone of you for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment