Friday I had my one month check up with my radiologist. Dr. Kim told me that I will have a PETscan in two more months and a CT scan in about one month. I asked her what the difference is between the two, and she said that a CT scan shows the size of the tumors, whereas a PETscan will show if they are alive. Please, please, PLEASE be dead you cancer cells!
Tomorrow I begin my last three treatments of chemo. I am so very glad that this is almost over! I feel like I have been doing this for so long! I had a check up today with my oncologist. My white count is good - I guess that horrible shot they gave me did its job. My red count is pretty low though. That would account for my rapid heart rate, fatigue, and feeling light-headed. I have been diligent about taking iron every day, but I guess it isn't enough. She said my iron will come back up after I am done with chemo. The Dr. did put me on antibiotics because I am still coughing so much and I seem to be getting a sinus infection.
I am still not sleeping well because I am having hot flashes all through out the night. I am way too young to be having hot flashes! :) I really hope they go away when I am finished with chemo! Other than that, the fatigue, and coughing, I am doing pretty well this week. I didn't get my energy level back enough to be able to workout very much, but I am eating well and feel so much better mentally and physically. Mike shaved my head again because my hair has been falling out more than the first time.
I have been reading a whole lot. I just finished the book "Christy" for the umpteenth time. I love that book! I never tire of it. This last weekend I spent a day baking Christmas cookies with my friend, Elizabeth, and Mike. It was fun to do and helped put me in the Christmas mood. The next day, Mike and I spent with our good friends in San Jose and we saw an awesome display of Christmas lights in Gilroy. Now I just need to get our Christmas tree up and decorated. We bought a baby Christmas tree (about 4 feet tall). It's so cute! We have never had one that small before. I wanted a small tree so that we could take it up to Tahoe with us.
Just three more days! I just have to get through this next week and a half, and I will be on the road to getting my body back! I am nervous. I pray that all the cancer in my body has been removed. I am trusting God though with it all. He has a perfect plan for me, whatever it may be. God has given me a new outlook on life and a chance to discover what is really important in life. My kids and my husband have been so good to me. Mike especially. I couldn't ask for a better husband, caretaker, and friend. I pray that God grants me many many more years to spend with him. I love you Mike.
No comments:
Post a Comment