Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On Antibiotics Already

I thought I was recovering from this cold and then all day yesterday and today my body has been aching and I have been running a low fever. I had a chest x-ray and thankfully it came out clear. Dr. McMullen has still put me on antibiotics though to make sure any infection that might be growing gets cleared up. I sure hope I begin to feel better soon. I think I need to do what my friend's husband did when he went through chemo - stay out of public places completely!

My esophagus is starting to hurt when I swallow food. I have also noticed that when my heart starts pounding it also makes it hurt. I managed to work out a little a couple nights ago with some weights, and when my heart rate went up, so did the pain in my esophagus. Guess running will be out of the question for awhile. :(

It' really hard to keep my spirits up when I feel so bad. This isn't going to be an easy journey to go on.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to rest, rest, rest so that your body has as much support as it can get. Remember yogurt and/or kambucha (?) when you're on antibiotics to help your digestive tract since the meds will kill all the good cooties too (the doc may have suggestions for that).

    I remember feeling sick all the time when I was pregnant and therefore I quit working out during that time. It's okay - I picked it up again later, when I wasn't pregnant. Probably a bad analogy, but I did feel sick all the time when I was pregnant (at least the first trimester). ick.

    You're already through the first round of chemo, so in a way you're 1/3 finished, right?

    Remember that laughter is good medicine - maybe a stupid funny comedy rental movie is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking a lot about what you have said Tara. You are right, I can pick up exercising again later, and I do need to laugh more! You are always so encouraging. Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete