Last night I finally slept the whole night without waking up coughing. It felt so good to sleep the whole night! I am feeling so better! My appetite is back (good thing since I lost more weight), my mouth is healed, and my taste buds are back to normal. My esophagus isn't even bothering me today. The only things I am feeling right now is skin irritation on my chest and my heart rate doing double time and making me light headed when when I exert myself. It feels good to be feeling so much better!
The biggest issue I am dealing with right now is my hair. It has been shedding heavily for the past several days. Every day is gets thinner and thinner. I have such thick hair that you can still look at me and not notice that I have lost a ton of it. Taking a shower is annoying because my hair just keeps coming out and making a mess. I am not ready to shave it off though. I would rather keep what hair I have and deal with the shedding. When my hair is looking obviously thin, then I will shave it. It hasn't been easy though to watch it come out. I miss my hair already so much! Hair is a woman's crowning glory, is it not? I have always liked my hair and I am very sad to watch it go. Yes, I know it will grow back, but it is going to take so very long to do so! Sigh.
Last week was hard for me. I had a hard time facing the reality of how weak and tired my body has become and is going to become even more. I hated facing that I could not work out my body the way that I used to. I have come to terms with the fact that for the next several months I will not be able to do the things I used to be able to do. I have to slow down in so many ways. But I can do it and I will do it! I am going to do whatever it takes to rid my body of this cancer. I am trying to focus on things that I wouldn't have had time for before: reading, playing the piano/violin, play games with my family, organize years of pictures, complete my Bible study thoroughly, watch funny movies to make me laugh, etc. Hey, maybe making myself slow down won't be so bad after all. :)
Thank you for honestly shaing your thoughts. You are on my prayers, dear sister. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful every day.
ReplyDeleteI love your outlook. I am sorry about your hair. That has to be so hard. You can do this though! You are already 1/3 of the way there! Enjoy your family time. :)
ReplyDelete