I had my check up today with my oncologist. My white blood cells are down more than the previous time, but that is to be expected. I just need to make sure I stay away from anybody that is sick and call if I get a fever. I found out that I have less chemo to go than I had previously thought! I only have the week of November 9th (for only 3 days) and then the week of November 30th (for 3 days). So I will have Cisplatin and Etopside the first day, Etoposide the next two days, a three week break, and then do that cycle one more time. I was thinking the remaining two cycles of chemo were the same as the first which consisted of six weeks each, not three! So that means that I am more than half-way through chemo. The chemo doses will be higher, but Dr. McMullen seems to think that I will do OK with it since I won't be going through radiation at the same time. A couple of weeks ago I booked our timeshare for a week in Lake Tahoe over Christmas. I wanted something to look forward to . Now I am excited because I will have most of December to get my energy and strength back before going. :)
Today was my last Wednesday going to radiation. I have only four more appointments to go! I am amazed at how well my body has tolerated the radiation. The Dr. had warned me that my esophagus would more than likely get so sore that I would need to take vicodin and maybe even morphine. I am so thankful that has not happened. The most I have needed to take so far, is Tylenol for the pain. I am thankful also that my skin has not burned as badly as I know it has for some people. Mine has been only a 2nd degree burn.
Then end is sight. I am going to make it through!
No comments:
Post a Comment