Monday, October 25, 2010

More Blessings and Encouragement


Mike came home tonight carrying a great big basket full of presents for me from his very generous marketing team. I was so surprised! I called my kids into the kitchen so that they could share in the joy of going through it all. My daughter immediately spotted the iPad poking out of the bag and was instantly jealous. :) I was overwhelmed as I pulled everything out.


Such generosity and love that went into giving me these gifts! I am excited about the iPad! Now I can watch movies, surf the Internet, listen to music, etc. while I am getting chemo and waiting at all my Dr. appointments. I still have to figure out all that the iPad can do. I hadn't even seen one before. I am slowly learning about all these new gadgets and gizmos. My brother-in-law had recently given me a Kindle that was also new to me. I love using it. Between the iPad and Kindle, I am set for sure! I also received a pair of REAL Ugg slippers! I have always wanted a pair. I have been wearing them all evening and will probably be doing so everyday. I was given a beautiful throw blanket from Pottery Barn, a white nightie, a nutrition book, and 4 I-tune gift cards. When I opened up the card and started reading the encouraging notes from 13 different people, I started to cry. Just as I had finished opening the gifts, our dinner arrived from a friend. I feel that throughout the day today, God has dumped His blessings on me. I am so encouraged right now. I was beginning to feel down and wonder how I could possibly go through 2 more rounds of chemo. I feel refreshed. There are so many people that really care. It helps me to press on. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment: