Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Last Day of Radiation!

Today was my last day of radiation. Yeah!!! It's hard to believe seven weeks have already gone by and now I am DONE! No more laying on the hard cold table for 25 minutes everyday. Dr. Kim said that things are looking good and that she can barely see the spot in my lower lung. She doesn't see why the other areas wouldn't be doing the same. I really hope so! I have to wait one to two months for a Catscan and three months for a PETscan. I just have to finish out these last two rounds of chemo and then wait and see. Hopefully my body will recover quickly now that I am finished with radiation. It will take some time though, since I am still "cooking" from the radiation.

I have been very fatigued lately. This past weekend I had to make myself get out of bed and be active. I went to Swank Farms on Saturday with the family and our friends. We walked through the haunted house and then the corn maze. I was pretty tired from all the walking, but it did feel good to be out in the night air. On Sunday we went to our friend's house for their Halloween party. I came in my normal clothes, but my friend Sue insisted I dress up. She found me a pair of overalls, a red curly wig, and a cowboy hat. Then she gave me rosy cheeks and freckles. I was pretty funny looking. Actually, it was kind of nice to see hair on my head even if it was red and curly! :)

Despite the fatigue, I am doing really well. I have even managed to work out three times this past week. The first time, I did a 30 minute workout and couldn't finish it. The second time, I managed to finish the workout, and yesterday I went to kickboxing. I will get to go to kickboxing two more times before I start chemo next Tuesday. Then I will be back to feeling poorly again. I am determined to try and keep my body strong when I can so that it can fight, fight, fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment