Please keep Elizabeth and me in your prayers. Elizabeth because she has been throwing up all day today, and for me that I will not come down with whatever she has.
I was in chemo for 5 hours and 45 minutes today. I have been noticing that my heart has been feeling like it has been racing. Yesterday my heart rate was 105 when the nurse checked it, and today it was that again, even after sitting for hours. The doctors are not worried though since my blood pressure is fine. Dr. McMullen said it could be that my body is working over time because of the shots they gave me to produce bone marrow. The shots were definitely strong. They made my bones ache every night. The doctors are just going to monitor my heart rate for now. I am trying not to worry since they aren't, but it's still unnerving, especially since my heart rate is usually around 60 something.
I had a one hour full body massage on Saturday (thanks to my sister Katie!) and I have not had a headache since. I was getting headaches every night up until the massage. I could feel so much tension come out of my body. I could do that everyday! :) I kind of wonder if not being able to run or go all out with my kickboxing has caused my bad tension headaches. I know that I used to release a lot of tension through exercise. So maybe since I ran a couple of times this last week and went to kickboxing, I was able to release tension? Or maybe it was just the chemo that caused them. Who knows! I have a new respect for people with chronic pain.
Thank you for your continued prayers, good thoughts, and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment